Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
Set in the heart of the city’s cultural quarter, Brighton Museum & Art Gallery is located in the Royal Pavilion gardens. Its rich collections and exciting exhibits are dynamically displayed in stimulating surroundings. Entrance is free.
Royal Pavilion Gardens
Telephone 03000 290900
Fax 03000 290908
Closed Mondays (except Bank Holidays 10am-5pm), 24 December (from 2.30pm) and all day 25 & 26 December & 1 January
What to see at Brighton Museum & Art Gallery
How to get here
The museum is located in the city centre within the Royal Pavilion estate.
It is a 15 minute walk from Brighton train station.
Buses stop either outside the Royal Pavilion on Pavilion Parade or on North Street, which is five minutes walk from the museum.
- entrance to the museum is in the Royal Pavilion gardens
- spacious foyer area and museum shop selling souvenirs and gifts reflecting the museum’s gallery themes and collections
- full disabled and wheelchair access
- education facilities with an art room and dedicated education pavilion
- public conveniences on ground floor
Brighton Museum Café - overlooking the 20th Century Art & Design gallery, a perfect stop-off for delicious light lunches, cakes and pastries.
Brighton History Centre is now closed to the public (from 1 April 2013) and the resources and archives relocated to a new centre The Keep which opened in November 2013.
Back to top