Terms and conditions
Royal Pavilion & Museums (RP&M)
The Royal Pavilion & Museums is strongly committed to preserving the privacy of its customers. Our Data Protection and Security Policy lets you know about our policy for the collection and use of information about you and your transactions with us.
We do not share your information with other companies without your prior permission and we will only send you email messages if you give us your consent to do so. Credit cards are completely secure when used on this website.
If you make a booking with us, we will ask you to provide us with certain up-to-date data about yourself which we will handle in accordance with the United Kingdom's Data Protection legislation. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorised access to your data by anyone, including our staff. We use leading technologies such as (but not limited to) data encryption, fire walls and server authentication to protect the security of your data. All our staff and any third parties hired to provide support services, are required to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
When you place an order
When you book tickets with us, our order form asks you to give us information specific to that order, including your billing address, shipping address, credit card information and email address. The information that you provide is used to process and send your orders. We also use the information to contact you if there is a problem with your order. We do not make our customer list available to other companies.
All of our transactions automatically take place on a secure server. All of your personal information is encrypted before it is transmitted over the Internet.
(NB Most banks either cover all the charges that result from unauthorised use of your credit card or limit your liability to £50, the maximum liability allowed under the Fair Credit Billing Act. You must notify your credit card provider of the unauthorised use in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.)
When you buy from us online, our system automatically gathers purchase data. We use this information in two ways:
- We review what kinds of products and services appeal most to our customers as a group. This statistical information helps us to improve our offerings in the same way that other companies change their catalogue based on what sells best.
- We use information, such as the number of purchases customers make and the categories of goods and services they buy, to make offers to them we believe will be of interest.
We do not give out any information about you, as an individual, to anyone, except to complete your transactions, or to comply with valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Access to and use of this site is provided by the Royal Pavilion & Museums (RP&M), which is part of Brighton & Hove City Council and is subject to the following terms and conditions: Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect when you first use this site.
- The RP&M online booking website (https://www.maximweb.co.uk/brighton) is a service operated on behalf of RP&M by TOR Systems Ltd, 58 Longton Road, Trentham, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 8YZ.
- RP&M reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst RP&M endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, RP&M will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst RP&M endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and RP&M does not accept any liability for error or omission. The use of information on the site and any downloadable item is at your own risk. RP&M reserves the right to make alterations and corrections to the information contained in this website at any time without notice.
- RP&M shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- By accessing any part of this site, you should be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Bookings in general
When you make a booking you will receive a booking confirmation by email, which you will need to print out and bring with you. Tickets are valid only for the date(s) and time(s) booked.
Bookings cannot be cancelled, transferred or amended. No refunds are available, except when the event is cancelled by RP&M.
The Royal Pavilion & Museums (RP&M) reserves the right to cancel any event. In the unlikely event of such cancellation, you will be offered an alternative, if available, and/or refunded the full cost of your pre-paid ticket (including any booking fees).
A fee is charged per order for all bookings made online or by telephone. The fee is currently £1.50. The booking fee is refunded only if RP&M cancels the event.
Discounted rates can be claimed by full time students, the unemployed, adults aged over 60, people with a disability, children aged 5-15 years and Brighton and Hove residents living in postcodes BN1, BN2, BN3 and BN41.To qualify for discounted admission, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility when you arrive, otherwise you will be charged the full price. For example, students must bring a valid student identity card. Residents must bring a council tax or utility bill as proof of address. One proof of eligibility per person.
Friends of the Royal Pavilion
Membership of the Friends of the Royal Pavilion entitles the member to free entry for themselves plus two accompanying children aged under16 to the Royal Pavilion, Preston Manor and exhibitions, and to a discount of 10% in the Royal Pavilion & Museums shops. Members must produce a valid membership card on arrival. For further information about joining the Friends, please call 03000 290907.
Visiting our venues
Children under 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times. Children aged under five go free but must have a ticket.
Groups of 15 or more fee paying customers constitute a group. Specially discounted rates are available for groups if booked in advance. To book call 03000 290900 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-5pm).
No smoking is permitted inside our buildings.
Photography, video and sound recording
No photography, video or sound recording are generally permitted inside our buildings. At present, individual visitors may take photographs for personal use in Brighton Museum & Art Gallery, Hove Museum & Art Gallery and the Booth Museum of Natural History.
No dogs, except assistance dogs, are permitted inside our buildings.
We reserve the right to refuse admission. No sharp or pointed items such as knives, razor blades, cutlery, tools, nail files, scissors, pen knives, de-activated firearms (including replicas), ammunition (of any calibre, in any quantity) pepper sprays and CS gas are permitted on our premises. Any items found will be confiscated. We reserve the right to search your bag(s) before entering the building.
- No eating or drinking is permitted inside our buildings except in our cafés
- the Royal Pavilion Tearoom
- the Gallery Café at Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, and
- the Tearooms at Hove Museum and Art Gallery
The audio tour at the Royal Pavilion lasts approximately one hour although you may like to allow longer for visiting the shop and the tea room. A visit to Preston Manor also takes on average one hour.
Telephone 03000 290900 (Monday to Friday 9.30am-5pm)
Post to Royal Pavilion & Museums, 4/5 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton BN1 1EE
Back to top