Royal Pavilion & Museums
Families of all shapes and sizes can explore and discover the wonders to be seen at the Royal Pavilion & Museums. Come to the Royal Pavilion and pretend to be a guest of King George IV, write your name in hieroglyphics in our Ancient Egypt galleries at Brighton Museum or find out what treasures the wizard keeps in his toy gallery at Hove Museum.
Our Families programme offers you and your children
- Art workshops
- Costumed characters
- Multi Media guides at the Royal Pavilion
- Dressing up
- Interactive activities in the galleries
- Handling sessions
Search What's On for family events and activities
Brighton & Hove Libraries
There are children’s sections at all local libraries and, with an online My Account you can search for items, reserve and renew the easy way.
Wall of a Thousand Stories
The children’s area at Jubilee Library is spacious and packed full of books for all ages. One wall is devoted to a vibrant art display of individual ceramic wall tiles each telling their own story.
It’s a great place for families and children to choose books and relax.
Games for Young People (13-19) at Jubilee Library
- Come in any time during library opening hours to play on the Wii in the Young People’s Area on the ground floor. A different game is available each week, just ask for the handset at the films area desk or ask any member of staff.
- You will need to have a library card and the handset will be issued to you on your card, if you are not yet a library member just bring some proof of address to join.
- You can also relax in the young people’s area with a selection of traditional games such as Boggle, chess or Jenga and you don’t need to be a library member to use these.
- Bookstart for Babies
- Baby Boogie music sessions for pre-school children
- Stories for pre-school children
- Chatterbooks Group for ages 7-11
- A Toy Library at Whitehawk
- Musical instruments loan service for groups and families
- Family events and workshops also during school holidays
- Rare Books & Special Collections – view some of Brighton’s ‘treasures’amongst our Rare Books collections and keep an eye out for our Rare Books & Special Collections talks and tours
Search What's On for Family events and activities
Back to top